The Baker WinTATS traction armature test system is a reliable, field-proven system for accurate, rapid testing of armatures in motor manufacturing and quality control operations. The fully-automated unit performs the required set of tests that motor manufacturing and rebuild shops need for quality assurance and control. AC hipot, DC hipot, surge and resistance tests are standard.
- Traction armature quality control test system for motor manufacturing applications
- AC and DC hipot (with micro-arc detection to detect any breakdowns to ground – the only proven method to accurately detect any such faults), surge, bar-to-bar, and temperature-compensated resistance test capabilities
- User-programmable pass/fail limits
- Under 18 minutes to test as many as 200 armature bars (once the system is programmed and set up)
- Easy detection of weld faults (i.e., poor connection between coils and commutator) – the most frequent fault encountered in the manufacturer of armatures – with resistance testing
- System has a rack style cabinet, a computer running Microsoft Windows 7, power supplies and measurement circuitry, and includes an automatic armature indexing stand
- Semi-customized instrument assembled from standard components to the customer’s specifications