Megger Baker Instruments designs and manufactures electric motor test systems for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) that help ensure their motors and coils meet or exceed the quality expectations OEMs wish to set with their customers. The Baker WinAST and Baker HV WinAST are semi-custom, fully automated, high-volume electric motor testing units that can test thousands of motors, generators or coils per day, depending upon the size and types of motors, or the testing fixtures used.
- Fully automated, full-spectrum quality control testers for motor manufacturers
- Built to each customer’s specifications using proven, reliable standard components in a cabinet style rack design
- Standard tests include: AC and DC hipot (with micro-arc detection to detect any breakdowns to ground – the only proven method to accurately detect any such faults), surge, inductance, corona and temperature-compensated resistance test capabilities
- Rotation-direction test (optional) for testing stators and field coils
- Configurable with a range of additional test capabilities
- Highly-sensitive computer-controlled testing, analysis and report generation software making testing virtually automatic
- Features a Microsoft Windows 7- based application with an intuitive, menu driven user interface
- Tests manufacturing processes as well as manufactured products
- May be integrated into fully automated lines with automatic fixtures and a PLC (or host computer) communications interface
- Designed for many years of rugged industrial use
- Recalibration may be done on-site with adjustments to software coefficients via a simple menu (and using ISO procedures)
- A high-voltage version of the Baker WinAST – the HV WinAST – is available for conducting tests on low inductance form coils and motor stators of more than 500 kW, or more than 575 V AC.