The Baker AWA-IV is a simple-to-use test instrument with an intuitive, touch-screen user interface. It delivers accurate, repeatable results regardless of the skill level of a given operator. It easily detects problems that low-voltage testers cannot find by performing a comprehensive set of both high- and low-voltage tests. Results are presented in simple, easy-to-understand graphs and reports that give motor maintenance professionals the information they need to minimize costs and unplanned downtime. The ability to apply identical tests to a given motor over a long period allows trends to be analysed, revealing the degradation of insulation over the motor’s lifetime. This allows maintenance professionals to predict when a motor may fail, and plan its replacement accordingly.
The AWA-IV offers computer control and waveform monitoring advantages over equivalent manually controlled instruments. The analyser’s embedded computer conducts the tests, stores the results and continuously monitors voltage levels while testing. If the analyser detects a weakness in the insulation during a given test, the test is interrupted, the operator is alerted and all test parameters at the time of the interruption are reported.
- Range includes 2 kV, 4 kV, 6 kV and 12 kV models
- Testing capabilities include: surge, winding resistance, Megohm, PI, DA, continuous ramp DC step-voltage, and DC hipot tests
- 12 kV HO (high-output) version for performing surge tests on large motors and generators
- Compatible with Baker PPX Power Packs to extend insulation testing voltage range (6 kV, 12 kV and 12 kV HO versions only)
- IEEE- and IEC-compliant surge test
- Surge waveform comparison by the patented Pulse to Pulse Error Area Ratio (PP-EAR) technique
- Incorporates advanced inter-turn assessment capabilities in a field portable instrument
- Microsoft Windows 7 Embedded operating system
- USB port for data transfer and printing with Windows 7 plug-and-play printers